So, you’ve made the decision to invest in your family with a professional children’s portrait session. That’s great news! The hardest part of your job is over. Now, you just have to look forward to making memories with your loved ones on the day of the session. If you have children, maybe this is their first professional photoshoot. We offer a few tips to help your children feel excited and ready for the portrait session.
- Talk Up the Session – Spend some time telling your child all about the session and what they can expect. The more your child understands what’s going to happen, the more comfortable and excited they will feel. Make the session seem like the most fun and guess what, it will be! On the day of the session, we’re happy to spend a few minutes helping your child feel comfortable. They can ask any questions or look around the studio before we get started.
- Choose Comfortable Outifts – We know how tempting it is to have your child wear a certain outfit. However, we recommend choosing outfits that are comfortable for your child. He will feel better about wearing the outfit. Depending on your child’s age, they could help choose their outfits. They’ll feel excited about the responsibility and know that this is something important.
- Make Sure They’re Fed Before the Session – Make sure that your child (and spouse) are fed before the session. Not a heavy meal but full enough so that no one is hungry during the session. Maybe a light meal or a few good snacks before we start. Hungry children = cranky children!
- Tell Your Photographer About Your Child – We love getting to know your children! The more we know about each one, the better the session will be. Sharing any personality traits or special gifts your child has allows us to tailor the portrait session experience so that everyone is happy and having fun.
- Relax! – Okay, this is a big one.Mom, on the day of the session, you can relax! We’ll take it from here. Don’t worry about your child “behaving” or stressing out over making sure your child will go along for photos. We are trained professionals (and parents ourselves), so we know all the tricks to get your child to enjoy the session. In fact, many children end up loving their studio portrait session.
Powder Springs, GA Studio Portrait Photographers
Documenting your amazing family is a gift that we treasure. We want your entire experience with us to be as smooth as possible so that you and your loved ones will always look back on your portraits with a smile. By preparing your child with the tips above, you and your child will feel excited and ready for the upcoming portrait session.
I would love to answer any questions! If you are ready for the next step, let’s chat! Book your 15-minute discovery call!